Re: [FWDLK] Flocking Roof-rail Weatherstrips

Re: [FWDLK] Flocking Roof-rail Weatherstrips

This may get 'bounced', for too-many postings/discussion within 24
hours, but here goes:

In Horrie's instance (dunno about my dad's 57 CRL) I found NO "caulking"
(or, anything-else!) on or around the roof-rail area, which might have,
arbitrarily,  'lowered' the roof rail weatherstrip's location, so as to
cause a rear window 'binding', when the rear windows would be raised.

It's widely acknowledged that the factory's primary interest was in
getting the "units"  out- the- door, so that the dealership could
"complete" the building/quality-control process.

I don't know about the 4-dr hardtops, but I'll bet that the 2-dr
hardtops' windows didn't tend to get 'used' very often, with
manual-crank-control

Speaking of design problems, my maternal grandmother had to suffer thru
sitting in the (apparently-unpadded) middle-rear seat, between my sister
& me.

And then, there's the whole-issue of getting (crawling) IN/OUT of that
rear seat, and the cramped space, once you got IN there---no WONDER the
rear windows'  (lack of) operation
garnered no 'headlines'.

The entire behind-front-seat ensemble was a nightmare.

Neil Vedder--but, HEY; there's that wonderful
APPEARANCE; what's a little physical discomfort?