[FWDLK] Autopark for Windshield wipers

I noticed that on the plus side, my ’55 Dodge has electric wipers as opposed to the vacuum wipers I experienced as a youth  on same year Chevy and wondering what idiot would design a wiper to quit when engine vacuum went to zero.  But, I noticed today that the wipers do not park.  Is that a defect or a design issue?

TIA   Tom