[FWDLK] MOTORHEADS ONLY (boreing otherwise)

[FWDLK] MOTORHEADS ONLY (boreing otherwise)

Hello all

Concerning the 1957 FURY 318----------------------------

I am of the belief that the 9 1/4/1 'FURY' compression vs the 'normal' 318 compression of 9/1 was due to UNIQUE PISTONS!!

That difference of 1/4 of a point compression relates to only about .010 to .012 dome height difference in the 318

I have worked 'backwards' from a 301 piston that I have ( which were all @ 8 1/2 to 1) to the 318 @ 91/4 to 1.( I have a true orig FURY piston)

RESULT:::::::::THE ACTUAL COMPRESSION HEIGHT DIFFERENCES FROM A FURY PISTON TO THE 301 'JIVE' MATHEMATICALLY.  Therefore A NORMAL 318 PISTON SHOULD BE ABOUT .010 LOWER THAN THE FURY 318.  If this is true----the FURY piston is UNIQUE

I just wish I could get a normal 2bbl or 4bbl 318 piston to confirm everything!.

I recently bought a set of EGGE 318 replacement piston which they had stated were built to the stock 9/1 compression.
ANOTHER MATCH!
They are lower by .010 from the orig FURY pistons that I have.

Just thought I'd pass this along.  Still not totally sure about the 'uniqueness' of the FURY pistons,,,but if I could get a junker 318 piston--that would confirm itall

ED ECKERSON
57  FURY
FP 31 PROJECT
361 G/C PROJECT