Re: [FWDLK] Battery polarity explanations

Re: [FWDLK] Battery polarity explanations

In a message dated 10/1/2005 6:25:58 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, ttaylor530@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I had to have my van towed yesterday to get a starter replaced and the tow truck driver is also a very talented car man.  He said that if I cranked it with the battery reversed, the engine would run backwards.  I then ask him why the car drove forward and backwards as to the automatic transmission if it were turning backwards and he was stumped with that one.
Did he have any advice as to what to do with all the gasoline that ran out of the gas filler cap with the engine running backwards?

Sorry.... I just couldn't resist!

Joe Savard
Lake Orion, Michigan