[FWDLK] Second thoughts on the B-J

Howard' s Huge car (the IMP) was very pretty, but its hood was closed,
with the top and windows  'up', and it just sorta STOOD, there,
imperiously, distainfully, almost, as if it condescended to be there,
behind the rope, allowing itself to be viewed by the un-washed
and unworthy  (ok, so I had had a couple drinks...)

The seller(s) provided a large photocopy of the Hughes Corp's $5k+
purchase-check  on the car, but no one was present, to discuss its
provenance.

My favorite car was the 1960 PLY Fury convie---now THAT was a righteous
car; I saw it post-sale, so didn't feel 'qualified' to pop the hood, as
occurs on/with a car, for many people, PRE-sale.

In direct contrast to the roped-off B-J cars,  on FRI, the Biltmore
auction occurs, & THAT clambake looks/feels like PEBBLE BEACH;
very-relaxed, and all multi-million-buk cars are directly
at-hand/available for inspection.

Last year, admission was free(!), but this year it cost $20.00 (they
musta learned sumthin from the B-J, which now charges progressively-more
entrance-money, each day).

As an example of the gentility of/at the Biltmore (the hotel was
designed by F.L. Wright) , the original-condition  surviving James Bond
DB5 (with ALL the bells-and-bombs) was auctioned (brought 950K) and
people (including meself, but I declined) to sit in its driver's seat
and be photographed!

The Biltmore saw a 1-of-4 (coral color) remaining 1941 Thunderbolt be
sold, for 1.1mil
and there was a 1953(?) Packard prototype there, and a 33(?) Packard
Boat tail roadster, & just a lot of fine Full-Classic cars.

You also got a free full-color catalog, and bottled water....

Ok; I've bored you guys, enuf----but, HEY, I told y'all, last year, to
get over to Phoenix.

I (finally) scored a correct-fitting 'butterfly' -closure dual-cylinder
master cylinder, from Desert Valley, for $35.00, & also got a O.E.M.
handbrake warning light assembly, for a VERY
reasonable 'price'.

Neil Vedder