Van: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List [mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Namens Lou
Verzonden: donderdag 9 maart 2006 18:51
Aan: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Onderwerp: Re: [FWDLK] Ebay

Yes, paypal is very convenient, and I prefer to use it (I have only
BOUGHT on ebay, though).

But there is more than just the cost to sellers.  Paypal has in effect
become an unregulated bank (unless they are finally being regulated??)
wth direct access to your bank account to add and remove funds, (you
must become a verified member and give your banking info after you reach
your initial spend limit).

The last time I checked, there were still limits to how much money per
month you can transfer FROM your paypal account into your bank account,
so high volume/high dollar sellers are less inclined to use it once they
get burned.  They have to pay to use the service, PLUS they are forced
to keep a balance at paypal.  I wonder what paypal is doing with that
money?   I have read lots of horror stories revolving around the fact
that a seller's entire account account is frozen if there is any
accusation of a bad transaction.  People have had thousands of dollars
sitting there for months until the Paypal decides whether or not the
claim against them is valid.

check out http://www.paypalsucks.com/