Re: [FWDLK] Ebay

Hi Lou;
As a very long time user of PayPal, I disagree. If I'm in a selling mode, there may be some money in the PayPal account, so that is what pays for my purchases. But usually as soon as I sell something, I move that money into my bank and leave little or nothing with PayPal.
It has never taken longer than 3 days for the transfer and it's usually only 2 days. If I then buy something they get it from my PayPal account or reach into my bank account for the funds or the difference between what I had in my PayPal account and the amount needed for the purchase.
I generally leave enough to pay my monthly eBay fees. eBay notifys me of the fees for a given month at least 21 days before they go for them.

There are NO limits after you are verified as a user:

GIF image

?What is the Withdrawal Limit for new U.S. accounts?

GIF image

GIF image

?New account holders are limited to withdrawing $500.00 USD per month from their PayPal account. The start of a month is marked when the PayPal account is opened (e.g. May 15 to June 15).

The Withdrawal Limit can be removed by authenticating your identity.

To authenticate your identity, you must complete two of the following three requirements:
• Add and Confirm a bank account
• Enter your Expanded Use Number
• Confirm your Social Security Number
After the above is done, it's YOUR money, withdraw it.

In all the years since PayPal started, I've never had any trouble. If you are leery of doing it that way, open a checking account in a different bank (most of us old farts get free checking) and use it only for PayPal. That way all they can get is what you have in that account. When you buy, just deposit the needed amount and you're safe. When you sell, transfer from it from PayPal then write yourself a check and clean it out.

You can also get a PayPal ATM/Debit Card. This can be used like a normal credit card to buy things against your PayPal balance or to withdraw funds from Your account at an ATM (ATM fee applies)

And finally, the Feds are looking hard at PayPal and about to impose some regulation on them, last I heard.

Hope this helps, Ray