[FWDLK] Hemi Rebuild

Chuck,

I had my 325 Poly rebuilt about 3 years ago for $2,400, which among other
things included new pistons and cam.  My dad and I did the removal and
reinstall to save a few bucks.  I can't imagine parts or machine work being
dramatically more expensive for a Hemi versus a Poly.  One suggestion is to
visit the machine shop to inspect your parts and ask questions as to why
yours need substantially more work, and more cost, than any other typical
rebuild.  The machine shop I used freely invited me in, showed me my parts,
the balancing process, head work and every other step in the process.  They
were very welcoming and the good communications helped me understand why
the machine work ended up costing an extra $300.

Just an idea.

Chris
Wilmington, DE
'58 Coronet