From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List
[mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of eastern sierra Adj Services
Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2006 2:56 AM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] DIAMOND BACK RADIALS

Alan, I posted that my DB's (2 1/4" w.w.w.) were beautifully made
(round/easily-balanceable) with a bright-white white wall, & with  no
'verbage' on their  exterior-aspects.

HOWEVER, on their BACK-sides, the tires bear some WEIRD
manufacturer-name, & model name/number, AND were (in VERY tiny letters)
:"Made in Taiwan"!!!

DB advertises (or, used-to) that its tires were made by a 'brand-name'
manufacturer, in the U.S. .

The tires, when being shipped, are fully-wrapped, so most people just
deliver them to their tire-mounter, still fully
double-tire-wrapped-together.

The next time the buyer sees the tires, they're mounted on the car, &
the wide white walls are dazzling to-the-eye, so the issue of the tires'
"identity" is forgotten.

The tires have a very stiff sidewall, & they ride & corner very well.

"Alumcan" (who posts on the 'other' message boards (on the FWDLK
website) PM'ed me, & asked about the manufacturer of the tires, as he
had been 'insulted' by DB, when he had questioned them about their
tires' manufacture location &/or what else: I forget (sorry, Rick).

So, I reported what I had found, when I crawled under the car, to squint
@ the information which is only imprinted on the blackwall-sides of the
tires.

I still highly recommend the DB's, even tho they may be made (at least,
for the 235/75R14" tires!) by an off-brand, off-shore.

Neil Vedder