Re: [FWDLK] Engine size for 1955 Belvedere

Re: [FWDLK] Engine size for 1955 Belvedere

On American 1955 Plymouths, the change to the 259 (260) block came at engine
number P27-60201.

For Canadian 1955 Plymouths it was at P27-1489C (S/N 96,911,388) and Dodges
at D59-1499C (S/N 98,909,898).

For American 1956 Plymouths., engine numbers for the 277-cid engine :
P29-1001 to P29-40000
P29-80001 to P29-250000
P29-274001 to P28-329132

The American 1956 Plymouth 270-cid engine :
P29-40001 to P29-80000
P29-250001 to P29-274000

The American 1956 Fury 303-cid engine :
FP29-1001 & up

For Canadian 1956 Plymouths and Dodges, the 270-cid engine started at
P29-1001C  and  D61-1001C

The change to the 277-cid engine came at :
P29-6000C and  D61-6000C
Starting in 1956, Canadian Plymouth and Dodge engines were numbered
consecutively, with the make prefix added as needed.

Bill
Vancouver, BC