Re: [FWDLK] for sale

People have been posting for sale ads on this list since I signed up for
it...

No one should be flaming people's for sale ads, though, that's pretty
stupid, especially when you have no idea what you're comparing to.

As for the car, it can come out in 10 minutes if everything gets mashed up
with the loader and go on a truck to the shredder.  If I'm going to spend
all day sawing up trees and dragging other cars out of the way to get it out
of there intact, plus pay cash money out of my pocket for it, then it better
be sellable for more than $1100.  If not, I can sell the '60 Cadillac
convert instead, which will easily bring $2500, in pieces.  And is less work
to haul out.   This one gets scrapped, maybe the next one will bring what
it's actually worth - if there are any more of them to be found.   I can't
save them all, and I find the scrapper's attitude makes a lot more sense
than to take endless BS from people for years trying to sell one crappy car.

That's why old cars get crushed - the guys that have them get sick of taking
people's BS and dump them.  Steel is up right now.  In less than 10 years,
you will not find big yards like this anymore - it will all be gone, and the
few exceptions will be able to charge whatever price they want for their
stuff.

Bill K.