[FWDLK] Speedometer Gear Needed

Hello List,

My 1960 Dodge Polara's speedometer gear broke off in the transmission on my way home from Carlisle. According to my book, I am looking for the blue gear with 20 teeth. My car has the 3.31:1 real axel ratio, 3 speed auto-transmission.

The trany shop recommends getting another / new one, or, I'll have to drop the back of my transmission to get the dropped in gear part to match it up with one they may have in stock.

Anyone out there have one to spare, or know who might have such, in and around Toronto, Ontario Canada area?

Thanks for your help in advance...

Bill Taekema