[FWDLK] 1999 FLML Calendar Progress & more...

[FWDLK] 1999 FLML Calendar Progress & more...

Hi All,

A few things...

1)  I went into work tonight and caught up on a few things there, plus
finished the print jobs on the calendar.  As an extra fun treat, I
collated all 1500 pages by hand!  Joy!  =)  I printed the back cover
upside down on like 20 of them, but I'll use those ones last.  If I get
the energy, I'll reprint those last 20 pages.  Tomorrow evening I start
the binding process.  I -will- get at least 35 done, and hopefully get
them in the mail on Thursday morning for those who have already
ordered.  I'm also going to try and put thumbnails of the calendar up on
the web site if I get the time.  Next year, can somebody please remind
me to start this project in like September or something, so I don't have
to cram all this in at the last minute?  ;-)

2)  The new domain name is currently being registered, and by popular
vote, it will be FORWARDLOOK.NET

3)  I will possibly get the new server in place this weekend IF I can
find the instruction sheet for the weekend alarm system in our main
computer center...  If not, it'll be early next week.

4)  Also, as a new topic of conversation, can we start getting some
ideas on dates for FLML meets?  I guess Chryslers at Carlisle seems to
be a given... but how about something in the midwest or on the west
coast?  Anybody have any ideas, and/or want to help plan these events?
(I'll volunteer to help set up the Carlisle one)

5)  And yet another loose end...  The shirt issue...  Still the best
price I could get for an embroidered logo on a decent collared shirt
seems to be around $30 (quantity at least 15).  Is that too much for all
y'all to spend on one shirt?

6)  The press kit on the FLML will be going out in early January.  I'm
holding off a bit, because I want to combine the Golden Fin Society,
1962-65 MoPar list, and possibly the Imperial Mailing List in the
packet.  I'll be sending it (& a calendar) to the WPC club, The Plymouth
Club,  The Chrysler 300 Club International, Hemmings, Car Collector,
Cars & Parts, Special Interest Autos, and Auto Restorer.  Anybody else
have suggestions?

7)  I am probably going to install a program called IPARTY on the
server.  It'll allow for us to actually do -voice- chatting over the
internet.  It even works pretty well on slow connections.  It actually
queues up each person's message, and then sends them out as it can.  It
works fairly well, although sometimes you may hear a response to a
question before you hear the question....  Oh, and it's only for PCs.  I
haven't been able to find one that works on both Macs and PCs that is
freely available for download.  If you have suggestions, just send them
my way and we can check them out.

That's all for now.  I want to get all of this stuff done soon, so I can
spend a little Quality Time with the Duchess over my Christmas break...
The poor thing has been locked up in the garage since Halloween and I
haven't done a thing to her since pushing her back in the garage that
day.  Funny how doing all this car stuff made me forget I owned one.  =)

Biting off more than I can chew seems to be the defining habit of my
lifestyle.  =)   But, just give me time, and everything will get done --
eventually.

-Dave