[FWDLK] 1955 Dodge Pick-em-ups

Can someone educate me on 1955 Dodge pickup trucks?  Some pictures of 1955
Dodge trucks look like the earlier models with a slightly curved, but not
wraparound front windshield.  Other pictures indicate a nice-looking truck
with the wraparound windshield.  Is it possible the early 1955 models had
the curved windshield and the later models had the newer design?

I know this was the case with Chevrolets as I drove a new early '55 Chev 1/2
Ton that looked like the 1954's.  I think these are differentiated by the
terms First Series and Second Series with Chev's, but I have never seen that
term with Dodges.  Chevy was so busy with the massive changeover for its
cars, it delayed the release of their redesigned pickups well into 1955.
I'm also guessing they had a lot of unsold 1954 cabs & chassis to get rid
of.

The Chev. was a real dog with its sick six, but I still managed to have my
first big wreck in it.

I'm also curious as to which 1955 Dodge trucks had Dodge V-8's and even the
larger Chrysler hemi in their heavy trucks.  And if they had an automatic
transmission, did it have a dash-mounted gear selector?

Rich Barber
Brentwood, CA