[FWDLK] Crime Story

I was flipping channels and happened on a rerun of Crime Story, which was
made around 1988 and only lasted two seasons.  It was set in 1962-3 starting
in Chicago and moving to Las Vegas midway through the first season.

The main character, Mike Torello, drives as a personal car a '57 or '58
Chrysler 300 convertible.   The car is just about perfect, almost too nice
for a police detective to have bought new, and they never seem to abuse it
too much - the episode I saw, called "Survivor", had a short chase sequence
with this car.  Instead of powersliding it to make a sharp turn, they
actually show him slowing, missing, and having to back up to make the corner
and follow the guy he was chasing.  (someone must have that car stashed away
in a collection today).

I had to wonder if the engine sound you hear in that scene is what a real
392 car sounds like.   It had a nice note to it.

I know they show a ton of nice cars in this series, both Mopar and
otherwise; they end up hiding behind a '59 Plymouth Fury during a robbery
scene in the pilot movie and a '60 or '61 Plymouth two-door hardtop figures
into another I remember.  Best part is the police cars, the cars they beat
the hell out of, are all 59-60 Fords.

You can get the whole thing on DVD, between a rebate and a store closing I
bought it a while back just to have and I think only paid about $20 total.

Bill K.