Re: [FWDLK] Dual rear speaker option for '57-8

Re: [FWDLK] Dual rear speaker option for '57-8

Owen Grigg wrote:
Hi all,

Was there a dual rear speaker option for the ’57-8 Chrysler? I can’t find this option listed. I see there are 3 factory cut outs in the rear parcel shelf. At present my car has the factory rear speaker option, with the speaker on the drivers side and the defog motor/intake on the passenger side. If I were to put dual rear speakers in the car I would need to have 3 grills in the rear parcel tray with the defog located on the centre one. Would this be a correct factory type option/installation?

Thanks.

Owen

I got to thinking a little more about this question.
Fram a technical standpoint, there is only a single channel output from the radio. It could drive a front speaker, and a rear speaker, there were no other provisions that I know of that would have allowed it to power 2 rear speakers. I do not recall seeing any 1957 vintage stock auto radio that split speaker outputs to allow dual rears and keep the front.

--
Paul Holmgren
2 57 300-C's in Indy