From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List [mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of David Homstad
Sent: Saturday, September 30, 2006 10:51 PM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Continuously breaking rotor

Jim,

Possible causes:

  1. Maybe the snap ring holding the cam/plate is missing, allowing the cam to rise and push up the rotor. The snap ring is under the fiber wick that is under the rotor, inside the ID of the shaft.
  2. Incorrect distributor cap or rotor, causing interference.
  3. Insufficient shim washers at the collar on the bottom of the shaft, allowing excess end play.
  4. Weak center contact spring in the distributor cap allowing the rotor to rise.

Dave Homstad

56 Dodge D500