[FWDLK] mouse problems

Hello list

I have battled mice for years (and rats) and found the only solution is to move the cars frequently. This is impossible of your car is stored. I have suffered thousands of dollars worth of damage from mice, and could relate horror stories told by my son, a parts mgr for the local Buick agency. Mice are impartial, the will attack new Buicks as well as old Mopars.  Some of their favorite places are emission controls under the hood,, and under dash heater fans. These  are favorite places to nest and chew.

I have tried to eliminate them in the house by leaving the poison bait packs well outside, but somehow they still die in the house as revenge. New homes, old homes, it doesn't matter to them.
About cats as a deterrent- DON"T!!  You will exchange a few mice killed (possibly) for cat scratch marks all over the exterior of your car's paint job. A cat once clawed the top on an Imperial convert apart to reach the leather seats inside!  Secure your cars from cats, they are nearly as destructive as mice.

A new bait has been developed, has an ingredient that neutralizes the awful smell of a decaying mouse or rat. Local farm supply is selling it-I have not yet tried it. If any list member has, please let us know, you would do us a great service!!  Our biggest problem is that we leave our pride and joys sitting so long. However, I had the squirrel cage fan of my heater solidly jammed with stuffing removed from my seats on my 91 Lebaron while it was down for a week's repairs--ever try reaching the fan on a tiny Lebaron????????

                                                                              Good luck!!      Ted
Oh yes- my strange neighbor two homes down has over 20 cats which constantly cross my property-go figure!!