Re: [FWDLK] Stuck in the 50's

Hi to all,

Speaking of NJ, I shared some of the fuzzy dic & the
rosary stories with my older cousin (I was much too
young to remember!!!!) and he shared the following
first hand remarks:

_____________________

Everybody is an expert today.  Fuzzy dice were
popular,  the gentleman
writing the e-mail was a bit young and missed the
fuzzy dice craze.
Fuzzy
dice were popular with the guys that started driving
in the early and
mid
50s'.

Now being from the cultural center of the country
(Hammonton), NJ
I would know.
Dice were so popular that the auto shop at the Berlin
Auction ( the
other
cultural center of the world) could not keep them in
stock.  You would
have
to order and pay in advance to get them.  I never had
them but my
brother
and his gang did.  The only place I saw raccoon tails
were on bikes
(pedal
type) and on a raccoon.

Regarding the little old lady, the reason she was
arrested her driving
was
so bad she was saying the rosary while driving.

As you know you must have your hands on the wheel at
all times while
driving, not on the rosary beads.  You probably drove
a few times with
one
hand on the wheel, only the other hand  if you were
lucky was not
saying the
rosary.