[FWDLK] New List Member - Scott Bray in Ohio

[FWDLK] New List Member - Scott Bray in Ohio

Hello Finny Friends,

I've been posting on the site for almost a month and just found out about the mailing list (thanks to Neil Vedder) so here I am. My name is Scott Bray and I'm in Columbus, Ohio.

My car is a 1960 Saratoga 2-door which I just found on eBay in early September. The car is currently undergoing restoration and since the condition was pretty good to start with I think I'll be on the road by this summer with no problems. I've knicknamed the car Finnigan for the obvious reason, mostly I just call him old "Fin" for now.

When looking for my car I was pretty set on finding either a 1961 or 1960 2 door Chrysler or DeSoto. My first choice probably would have been the '61 DeSoto followed by the '61 Chrysler but I'm very happy with how things worked out. Other Forward Look cars that I'm crazy about the 1961 Dodges, 1961 Plymouths, and the 1957 DeSotos and especially the Chryslers. My grandparents had a Cloud White/Gauguin Red 1957 Windsor 2 door hardtop, so the gene for FL came from my grandpa's side of the family.

I've been having a great time getting to know people here on the site and really appreciate how helpful and friendly everyone has been and look forward (!) to getting to know more of you!

Scott
(posting as ScottyB)

PS I have a few blanks on how some things are supposed to look on my Saratoga so if anyone out there has one and would like to send me photos I would l really appreciate that. Any model, any bodystyle. Interiors (especially Swivel Seat interiors) and how the inside of the trunks is supposed to be fitted up are of particular interest. I'd also like to know what color the insert is painted on the trim if you have a two door or the four door with the Sportone trim and what body color or two-tone combo that goes with. Thanks!