[FWDLK] So, how's YOUR car's paint finish?

[FWDLK] So, how's YOUR car's paint finish?

Back around 1990, at a WPC national meet, in Detroit (or, was it Akron?)
Andy Jugle had an original-condition coral colored 1957 IMP 6-window
sedan.

One of his comments concerned the great amount of OEM "orange peel
surface" on the  paint work (as seen on the lower-sides of the car).

This advertisement is instructive, regarding  the beginning of the
procedure of "(color)-  wet-sanding' of  paint, in 1959, on Imperials,
only, apparently.

I wonder how the vaunted 300 Clubs adjudge
paint- type- and- surface- quality?