Re: [FWDLK] TRANSMISSION COLORS

As regards to hemi-equipped DeSotos and Chryslers, the engine and transmission (including the e-brake drum) were painted as individual assembled units less carburetor(s), valve covers and electrical components.  On the DeSoto and Chrysler and Imperial hemis even the water pump bypass hose and corbin clamps received paint.  Thus the Chrysler / Mopar aluminum silver (not argent but similar) color is everywhere.
I have very little experience with Dodges and Plymouths with cast iron torqueflites so can't comment there.
As a small aside even the Pont-a-Mousson cast iron four speed in my black-engined 300 F Special is painted Mopar aluminum silver including its e-brake drum.  A factory photo showing this assembled in the car is the source of multiple writers of the era stating that the trans has an aluminum case but P-a-M never made any aluminum-cased transmissions.

Wayne