Sent: Monday, February 12, 2007 10:34 PM
Subject: [FWDLK] rust prevention - what to do?

Ok, everyone agrees that rust prevention was not a priority back in the late 50's and early 60's; and that there is a lot of untreated sheetmetal in our cars. Now let's talk about solutions.

How exactly does one treat the inaccessible areas of a vehicle's body, when doing a ground-up, frame-off restoration? How can one get to all those untreated nooks and crannies when the body is bare,  short  of dipping the entire body in one huge vat of POR-15, a totally impractical solution?

My 300F convertible is now fully gutted and the body is undergoing rust repair and prep for paint. I'd like to ensure that rust doesn't return and, of course, now would be the time to do whatever can be done.  I am just not sure how to get to all those  inaccessible areas.  I'd appreciate any feedback and practical solutions from this group.

Thanks ,

John Hertog
Sag Harbor NY