[FWDLK] '57 Dodge engines

----- Original Message -----

> Well, Brent, in 57 there was "just" the Red Ram (325 2-bbl Poly) and the
> Super Red Ram (325 Poly 4-bbl), & the D500 & Super D500.
>
> There was a 'distinct' Coro 6-cyl model, and a Coro V/8 model (which had
> the 325/2-bbl, with one exhaust, rated at 245 HP.
>
> The standard Royal engine was ALSO the Red Ram.
>
> The Super Red Ram (with "power pack"  4-bbl & dual exhausts) was
> optional, on both models, and upped the gross HP to 260 .
>
> The  Custom Royal Royal had a 4-bbl, dual  exhaust, Super Red Ram as
> standard equipment.
>
> The D500's were 285 & 310 HP, respectively.

    So,  ....  if a "standard" D500 is a 325 Hemi 4bbl, dual exhaust car
..... rated at 285 HP  (do I have that right ?)

  then what makes a 310 HP car ?  Is that what is referred to a D501 ?  ( or
is it D500-1?)  I thought the "500-1 cars were 354 dual quad Hemi cars using
what were essentially 300B engines.  Is that correct ?

    Brent