[FWDLK] Engine removal - need help

Hey, thanks to the several of you who replied all with helpful information.  Don Roberts and Eddee were the only ones I got to read before I was back to work.

The D500 engine is on the floor in front of the car.
I separated bellhousing to powerflite and put a chain under the pan of the trans tied side to side to the torsion bars.  I did use an engine tilter tool and my cherry picker does have considerable lift.  The distributor and coil were removed as was the radiator, fan, and power brake booster tank.
Everything went well with the exception of the trans mount coming apart allowing the trans to come forward several inches and that would not have happened were it not for the fact I had the driveshaft out of the car.

So done deal and thanks to all who took the time to respond.  It is pretty nifty that we can post something here at noon on a work day Monday and within half an hour have a couple of very helpful answers and more backups following if there had been problems and I had needed to come back on line to check for alternatives.

Jim Pristelski, your '57 Coronet body is ready for pickup.

Wayne