[FWDLK] FW: [FWDLK] GM to buy Chrysler Group?

The Chrysler Group is getting slammed by auto critics including Consumer Reports for its use of cheap materials especially regarding interior components (dashboards, door inserts, and trim) stealing the unwanted title from GM.  There is also extreme cost cutting in an effort to return more profit per vehicle:  engine and transmission choices are almost non-existent.  One can barely find a manual transmission!  This is just another give-away to the import brands—where most of the “under 21s” are already—of folks like myself who do not want an automatic.  I guess that I’ll see a new Camry SE sandwiched between by two Dodge Ram trucks…

Forwardlook content:  my ’62 Le Baron is getting a new transmission in a few weeks!

From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List [mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Brent Burger
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2007 12:08 PM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] GM To Buy Chrysler?

    I don't think I'll hold my breath just yet that we'll see new fins or chrome at Mopar dealerships in my lifetime. DeSoto died Nov. 30, 1960, and the whole corp followed about ten years later.  The day Chrysler builds exciting cars like they did in 57 or 67 is the day they won't need financial assistance.  Until then, just more jellybeans and bars of soap.

    At least, that's how I see it.  :-P

    Brent