Re: [FWDLK] Future of Chrysler Group?

----- Original Message -----
My most recent assignment required I get a truck.  My 58 International 1-ton is great for moving houses and uprighting derailed locomotives, but at 5 mpg and being as conspicuous as a forest fire, something more practical was in order.  The answer ?  A mid 80's Toyota 4x4.

You mean like the Toyota Marty McFly gets in Back to the Future?  I kind of want one of those...along with a Delorean...get a Back to the Future collection of cars going.  Guess I'll need an old Ford (1940?) then too...

On another side note about mileage, I really find the "great mileage" these displacement on demand cars get to be humorous.  Granted, this isn't a Mopar example, the new Impala gets something like 17/25 mileage with its 5.3L V-8 thanks to displacement on demand.

I have a bit of news here...I own a 1995 Chevy Caprice with a 5.7L V8, and I get 17/30 mileage.  I fail to see the improvement.  I could probably get better mileage too if the engine didn't have 140,000 miles on it along with the car's heavy, non-aerodynamic pushbars on the front.

Anyway, 57 Dodge.

Garrett