Re: [FWDLK] Fwd: Re: [FWDLK] Need new Wide Whites

Re: [FWDLK] Fwd: Re: [FWDLK] Need new Wide Whites

Though not assigned when our cars were new, the tires of those days were approximately "85 series" meaning they were 85% as tall as they were wide.  Today's tires are 75 series (which is disappearing), 70 series, 60, 50, 40 and I think there is now a 30 series.   So what we have to do to get a same/similar diameter to the original tire is to buy more width because of the ratio.  That of course is in turn limited by the width of the wheel.
With a company like Diamondback, on the phone you can tell them the width of the wheel and they can advise you on what will give you the diameter you seek so your speedometer reads the same.   Coker and Diamondback publish charts of equivalent modern tires to old.  I believe the diameter issue is critical to both stance and handling.

Wayne