Re: [FWDLK] Hi, rear end!

Hi Neil,
Hate to burst your bubble but the A-body series never came with a 8 3/4 rear when they had a small block.  A 318 would be a low-line V8 for that car, so they would all be 8 1/4 rears.  Not nearly as strong, nor are there many parts available.
If you already have an 8 3/4 there are MANY sources for that ratio rear- Mosler is the first that comes to mind, or Mancini Racing.  As for strength, I always go for a 489, tapered shaft case, they are stronger than the 741 or 742.  But it depends on what you want to do with it.

Have Fun,
Charles.