Re: [FWDLK] Cars we wish we still had (or COULD have bought?)

Re: [FWDLK] Cars we wish we still had (or COULD have bought?)

Ahhh, but the memories are Great, Karl.

Jack back from Alaska and in Oklahoma City now and back to Shinglehouse, Pa, by Sunday Evening.

Hah! No, thanks to my dad, I was simply a Mopar fanatic way back then and I just figured they'd last forever and always be around.

To add to the list from an "almost" point if view (like the ones that got away), I had an opportunity to purchase a '58 Chrysler 300D Fuelie, with the Bendix unit still operational for 1400 bucks, and while out test driving it, got whooped by a '58 Buick in a traffic light drag race. So I passed on that one.

Also, had a shot at a 57 DeSoto Adventurer HT with a freshly rebuilt motor and tranny (man did THAT thing move out) for 1400 bucks, but procrastinated a bit and by the time I went back with cash in hand it had already been sold.

Likewise had the opportunity to at least SIT in the drivers seat of a white '60 Chrysler 300F which was on display at a local Pasadena,Ca dealer...the one that had the French 4 sp tranny and 400 HP (although at the time it was advertised as having 401 HP) and short-ram inducted motor. Dealer wouldn't allow a test drive as it was supposedly for "display" only.

Test drove a shiney Red brand new '61 Plymouth Fury vert with a 383 ram motor in it. Wishful thinking at that time.

Sheesh, the more and longer I think about it, the greater that "pain" becomes.

I was young and stupid and had a lot of money back then....now I am old and smart and essentially broke. Sometimes life is really cruel.

  Karl

          Are you a slow learner or do you just enjoy self inflicted PAIN!!!