Re: [FWDLK] Cars we wish we still had (or COULD have bought?)

Re: [FWDLK] Cars we wish we still had (or COULD have bought?)

Darn it--Just got back from the WPC nats in Chicago to find this thread going.

Spent the whole time in Chicago regretting not previously buying a very nice original 50 T&C hardtop in Des Moines years ago from the second owner.  The car was there this week looking great and being enjoyed by a very good friend (who paid much more than my price would have been to purchase it).

Then there is the NOS 81 mile 300 G hardtop which I went out to buy from the original dealers estate in Holdgedge Ne in the mid 80's.   The sons would not budge off their price of 17,000 which seemed to high to me since the top book price for the car was 8,000 at that time.  It sold within days to a good friiend of mine for near twice the price and he is still enjoying it.

Then there is the G hardtop I sold just before the prices doubled!!

Memories.

BTW still had a great time in Chicago.  The group put on a great meet.