Re: [FWDLK] Bad parts counter people (was: MoPar Oil Filter)

Re: [FWDLK] Bad parts counter people (was: MoPar Oil Filter)

Two thoughts on this:
If you have an Auto Zone in your area, it's probably no more than 3-4 years old. You might still have several ratty looking old parts stores here and there. Who do you think will have the parts you want on their shelves? The one with the new shelves or the one with the old shelves? They often have parts that have been sitting there for years.

The help is there due to labor costs. The new stores have kids who just learned there are things under the hood that can be replaced, but no idea what they are. They think that everything is found in their 'puter. When you have to tekll tem what the part is, what it does and what other parts may be needed with it, you don't have a chance. The old Parts stores have guys that have been there for years and 'puter look-ups are still a little strange to them. Much more comfortable with catalogs, and know how to find it, in stock or not.

Ray