[FWDLK] Fwd: Re: [FWDLK] Rejected, neglected, inspected, disrespected

[FWDLK] Fwd: Re: [FWDLK] Rejected, neglected, inspected, disrespected

Hope this mesage gets attached!

Eh-yup! people WANT to be 'sold'  on a product-purchase; most people who
go to a store-shop  subconsciously want   to have their resistance be
overcome , by a salesman who validates their intelligence and taste, in
being there, in the first place, and to make them feel GOOD about having
spent their money, there.

The wife & I, 10 years ago, when we were actively in search of a good
used Jeep Cherokee, and finding no obvious candidates at Don-a-vee(?)
Jeep, in L.A., actually had a salesman let us walk  off their lot,
being motivated buyers ('guess that they already had plenty of THEM) ;
later that weekend, we bought a nice used Cherokee, from Pasadena
Jeep/Eagle (then).

Back in the late 60's, my uncle, for whom I was working, in the summer,
as a  Common laborer, in K.C., for his industrial plumbing
contractorship, told me to go around to the local Fart dealerships, &
price out the purchase of another 1/2 ton Company stripper work truck.

Sheeit! a 17 year  old work-grungy kid going to CAR dealerships, &
'buying'  a (work) truck?

I got the gamut of welcomes/responses, but Uncle Gibby ended up buying a
truck from the dealership which best wanted to sell me a truck!

Dealerships have always been in the business of moving (and:
selling-from!) the existing inventory, and it seems that the larger the
dealership, the less personal-interest the sales staff takes, in any
Prospect, and their personal needs.

Nowadays (and always?) : find out if the Prospect is ready to buy, how
much they can spend, or loan-qualify-for, and WHAT  can WE sell to them
, in their price range? And, only go try to find a car, at some other
Corporate dealership, that fits their needs, as a last-resort.

The  difference between now-and-then : the time-differential involved,
because spending your valuable time with a tire-kicker/time-
waster/monetary-loser can cost you a nice
commission, when a real qualified/qualifiable
Prospect might show up,  at any time.

So, they gotta go decide whom they want to play-up-to, and whom they'll
blow-off, in nanoseconds!

Neil Vedder