Re: [FWDLK] ebay Item number: 330175275427

----- Original Message -----

From: "eastern sierra Adj Services"

> Ok, I'll jump in here:
>
> #1: fresh/correct(hah!) restoration; trailer queen
> Not (yet) driven, except off & on a trailer.
>
> #2: A former trailer queen, which shows evidence of having been driven,
> or, an extremely nice cosmetic retoration, with driving-usage
> deterioration.
>
> #3: An older/regularly driven restoration, or semi-restored driver, but
> which, at any rate shows some obvious degree of deterioration
> which could/should be taken care of; the car is (beginning to be)
> tired-looking (like a middle aged man--still in serviceable condition,
> but needs some attention (like: a hair transplant,or liposuction, or a
> few weeks in a gymnasium)
> in order to look "good", again.
>
> #4: Car in serious need of attention, and may just, barely, be
> driveable, but should be mostly-complete, but needing "everything" to be
> done to it; a "beater",or rat-rod. Not pretty; a good parts car.
>
> #5: Non- driveable basket case; probably incomplete and needing someone
> with more Cents than Sense, to restore. Needs a Parts car, to restore
> it.

> Neil Vedder

  There is not a lot of wiggle room between No's 2 and 4.  As an example,
Neil's CR (from all photos I have seen of the car) looks to be a very
presentable, nice car.  He rates it a No. 3  Most people would consider it
"restored".

  My Coronet, is ratty.  It's original and repair job paint is crazed in
spots, worn through on ridges, the interior is ragged as well.  Yet is still
is presentable as a well worn, no rust car.  The mechanicals are entirely
gone through and I wouldn't hesitate to drive it anywhere a road might lead.
It would make Neil's car look like a trailer queen by comparison.  But
reading the No.4 description, THAT car sounds like a serious mess.  Looking
down the line for adjustment, No.5 is an incomplete, non-operable heap !  No
room to squeeze in that direction !  There is not enough room on the above
scale to include the daily driver, the project car, the typical workaday
schmoe's car that looks good as a vintage vehicle, but as a museum piece
will need total restoration.

  I never could understand this scale, as it lumps the vast majority of cars
into a netherland of "good parts cars".  Sounds like words from the mouths
of AACA judges.  No thanks.