[FWDLK] Balancing tires

Anyone balance their own tires.
I just bought 4 new wide white radials from coker, mounted them up and went to balance them. Each one is looking for 5+ ounces mounted on the outside of the rim and 2 on the inside and none of them look to be running true. I thought I was doing something wrong with the balancer or something (first time using it by myself), but I had a buddy come over, we even dismounted and rotated the tire on the rim. Still had the same problem.
Then we checked just the rim, the rim was straight as was .5 ounces to balance just the rim.

My next call is to Coker to talk to them about it.
Wondering if anyone else had any experience. If these were $25 crap tires, that would be one thing, but I paid alot of money for these things and I wasn't expecting to have to run 6 ounces of weight around the outside of the rim.

I also remounted an old tire and that needed 2 on the outside and 1 on the inside. To me seems like defective tires.
Thanks,
Nick

copuled with the shop screwing up my brake drum, and me realizing that I did not have the right valves in stock after I pulled the old ones out of the rims. it's been a bad week for the car.