Re: [FWDLK] '57, '58 Dodge production

-----Original Message-----
From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List
[mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of eastern sierra Adj
Services
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2007 3:13 PM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] '57, '58 Dodge production

Well, I took a jaypeg pic of the 1-page document , that I am about to
describe, & tried to send it to my home (where I am "allowed/recognized"
to post messages to the List), but that image hasn't showed up, yet.

I'll send it to a member, manana, & he might be able to post it here.

It is a computer generated spread sheet, that the Historical Society
included with an IBM Build-card, in response to a request for info, from a
man who owns a 57 D500.

The numbers that are broken out differ somewhat from those as provided by
Bill.

When I referred to it, yesterday, I had forgotten about all the neat info
that's on it.

The page summarizes the 1957 & 1958 Dodge production (I presume, for the
model year).

Altho I did not bother to add up the 1958 total production, I did so,
for 1957, & arrived at 287,608 domestic, and   7496 for export  (Custom
Royal models only ; no Mayfair/  /Regent etc production numbers were given
out).

Now, for the good stuff, and you can compare the following numbers with
those that Bill gave out:

The factory says, for 1957:

7,163 Suburbans (2-doors,only)
13,033 Sierra 6-passenger
3,212 Custom Sierra 6-passenger
4,019 Sierra 9-passenger
3,054 Custom Sierra 9-passenger

30,481 total station wagons

3,363 Coro convies
2,456  Custom Royal convies

5,819 total convies (THAT'S why you can't find any!!)

Now, for 1958:

1,300 Suburbans
7902 Sierra 6-pass
2,278 CSierra 6-pass
5,211 Sierra 9-pass
3,505 Csierra 9-pass

20,196 total production

1,718 Coro convies
1,139 Custom Roy convies

2,857 total production (now, THAT'S  RARE!!!!)

Again, with any luck, I'll be able to get this Factory-generated spread
sheet posted to the List,  tomorrow.

Neil Vedder