Re: [FWDLK] Weight of the World...

The post-FEB (pre-production D501's) had   relatively many options, as
the factory had apparently decided to get-back as much of their
investment, as possible, in the cars' design, since the factory,  AFTER
Kiekaefer's withdrawl from NASCAR racing, around JAN, 1957---THERE'S THE
ANSWER, as to  why there was no factory support, DOD/CHY had been
sitting back, relying upon K. to do all their racing-work, for them
(now, I gotta go post this to the List!) and they were not anticipating
K.'s withdrawl from racing, so, they just threw-up their hands & said:
"who needs that regionalized southern-interest-only minor racing league,
anyway?"  We're up HERE.

Chrysler assisted K., during the 1956 season, but never provided any
real monetary assistance, and even made K. pay for his own cars (or,
some/most of them, anyway), and CHY never (extensively) advertised their
(K's) circle-track racing successes.

Dodge did allude to 'Stop Light' street racing, in one '56
advertisement, though, with the D500.

Neil Vedder