Re: [FWDLK] TORQUEFLITE TRANS ADJUSTMENTS

Re: [FWDLK] TORQUEFLITE TRANS ADJUSTMENTS

Ed,

The kickdown bands are important to a healthy trans mission

They are a maintenance item, and as such are supposed to be adjusted on routine intervals

They aren’t terrible critical however follow the manual closely

Too loose, and you’ll have slippage and burnt bands

Too tight, and you’ll have hard shifts and broken pieces

The shop manual should give you the adjustment

Since you asked about Torqueflites, I will mention that on the newer ones,

The adjustment is related to the ratio of the kickdown lever

60’s and early 70’s had higher ratios and got different adjustments.

Mopar Performance used to offer the high ratio levers for performance trans builds

John