Re: [FWDLK] 58 Plymouth on ebay

It's generally acknowledged that it's "cheaper" to buy a finished-restoration, than to undertake the restoration of a basket case.

One problem is: not many people can afford 30K+ for a #2 - #1 running condition hardtop/performance model.

Also, the longer that I've owned and maintained/up-graded my car, the LESS anxious I am to want to buy a commercially- 'restored' car, as I/we well know about common short-cuts that are taken in the resto/auction -industry (kinda like buying a cute puppy, which came out of some puppy-mill, instead of from a reputable breeder).

I would buy a restored car (and would pay him to do so, in a Toronto-minute!) from Greg Leggatt, as his work is
immaculate, meticulous, and correct.

Bob Schmidt (now: curetor of 57 Heaven) also is a perfectionist, but, he has been seen (yes, by me; I have photos) to cut-corners/glitz-up
on cars that he has sold thru the B-J, to increase their "auction" value.

Bo Malefors (Phoenix) also knows his way around a FWDLK'er

Who else can others recommend, to get a proper restoration done quickly and correctly (but not necessarilly cheaply)?

Neil Vedder

Fury Jim wrote:
whether b-j fever or not... the market favors the basket cases [or in this case easy restorations] over finished cars, even a senior winner will deteriorate over years, so restoring a virgin and KNOWING what was and was not done, what is correct and not, are more valuable than cars for the buy-n-drive crowd.... which is there and still features deep pockets.... but to the avid collector/restorer and forwardlook savvy investor.. this pile, when done will be a downpayment on another piece of land, or another summer home i was actually going to bid this one up to about 14-15k, however yesterday i just landed a 57 turnpike cruiser convt with the rare lincoln engine option.... at the same initial investment, the return will be closer to the 6-figure range compared to a non-optioned fury [fact air, pwr seats/windows, eye, etc] too bad all the cars that get torn apart on this list arent being sold by listmembers... well, usually they're not....