Re: [FWDLK] 58 Plymouth on ebay

I agree with Neil on this one. But then again I never would own or want a "restored car", I like drivers,they're a lot more fun. I'm also as we all know not an owner of original cars so once again the restored thing goes out the window. Buying a "restored car" is putting too much faith in someone who you have never met,not knowing what the car looked like before, and not seeing the work as it goes on. It also allows for as Neil puts it short cuts, which if you were having the car restored might catch in a visit to the shop. There is nothing wrong with saving a buck or two on your own car but if you are paying top dollar for the car and don't know about it then it can be a problem. The other thing with buying a "restored car" is there aren't a helluva lot of people who know about these cars as we've seen with the "restored" cars that pop up for sale on the internet. Wrong carbs and air cleaners, wrong colors on engines, not a big deal if you do it to your own car because that's what you want but it would piss me off if I paid $70,000 for the car. If you owned the car as the restoration was going on maybe you could catch it and have the problem corrected.
Adam Lindenbaum