Re: [FWDLK] Speedometer gears

Jim-

AllPar has a calculator on their site and I got one (speedo gear) from Bill Kay Chrysler, google them both you'll find their sites.
Good luck.

Tom Duross

Hi.
This fellow has some and can help you pick the right one. I have a 440 and a 727 torque flight in my 54 Desoto wagon. He needs the tire height and your rear end ratio.
Hope this helps.
John Baker
Malabar fl.

Hi List. I have a 58 Ply with the orginal 3.31 rear gear.(The car had a Powerflite and 318 engine from the factory). I put in a  361engine and CI Torqueflite from a 59 Dod. I have 15 inch Chrysler wire wheels and P215x78-15 tires on them. The speedometer is fast--not sure how much tho. It can show 55-60 when driving along with what I think is 45-50 mph traffic.I think there are speedometer gears that can be changed to get it closer to right. So I have a couple of questions.

What gear should I select; Up or down to slow the speedometer down?

How would I calculate the correct gear ratio?

Where could I find gears to choose from?

How hard are they to change out?

Any help will be appreciated.   Thank.  Jim

Jim Ruckdashel
4241 Singing Post Lane
Roswell, GA 30075
770-992-9746