Sent: Sunday, February 17, 2008 1:35 PM
Subject: [FWDLK] Speedometer gears

Hi List. I have a 58 Ply with the orginal 3.31 rear gear.(The car had a Powerflite and 318 engine from the factory). I put in a  361engine and CI Torqueflite from a 59 Dod. I have 15 inch Chrysler wire wheels and P215x78-15 tires on them. The speedometer is fast--not sure how much tho. It can show 55-60 when driving along with what I think is 45-50 mph traffic.I think there are speedometer gears that can be changed to get it closer to right. So I have a couple of questions.

What gear should I select; Up or down to slow the speedometer down?

How would I calculate the correct gear ratio?

Where could I find gears to choose from?

How hard are they to change out?

Any help will be appreciated.   Thank.  Jim

Jim Ruckdashel
4241 Singing Post Lane
Roswell, GA 30075
770-992-9746