Re: [FWDLK] How do I disconnect trans and remove the 383?

Re: [FWDLK] How do I disconnect trans and remove the 383?

THE BIG help in the situation is solved by a little cradle i conceived that hangs from the 2 torsion bars from custom bent, adjustable j-hooks, with a small jack saddle on threaded rod to hold the trans up/in place while the engine is out.
remove the radiator and actual motor mounts while the engines' weight is off it, you can maintain the angle of the transmission [in relation to the centerline of the crank/engine] for easy re-installation.  also pay mind to the bolt circle, mark the converter to re-align to the little notch in the crank flange as well. i know the pattern on 6 and 8 bolt later flanges [flexplate] are not evenly spaced and align only 1-way.... i actually never bothered to measure spacing on poly/hemi flanges as i either pre-mark them or just remove them to make room for bigger toys under the hood