To: <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2008 8:58 PM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Tires

The 50's wide white wall tire market is truly well served nowadays;
doesn't Universal also make/sell a WWW, too, or, is that Lester Tire?

What's nice about Diamondbacks, in addition to their correct size, is
that they are actually trailer
tires, which are extremely strong, and have very stiff sidewalls, for
good handling/cornering purposes.

They are rated for 5,000 lbs vehicle weight , iirc, and can maintain
pressure to 50psi.

They handle and ride great at the 40psi that I'm running, now, on them.

Their drawback is that they're only speed-rated to 85MPH (but I've had
them up around 90+ with no problems).

Neil Vedder