Re: [FWDLK] So Many Carbs...

Hello Joe:

     I couldn't help noting your previous employment and carburetor knowledge.  I have a question for you.

     I have two sets of WCFB 2x4's for which I can find no literature.  One set is for the 1956 Plymouth Fury with the 303 ci engine, and the other set is for the 1956 Chrysler 300 or DeSoto Adventurer with the Hemi.

     Both sets have manual chokes indicating that they were not really intended for everyday street use. This was accomplished by installing a different air horn on top of the fuel bowl. They were probably intended for the NASCAR circuit for MoPar race cars.  After examining available Carter literature, I conclude that they are both rear carburetors based upon the metering rods and jets.  For all intents and purposes, in both sets the front and rear carbs are identical and all carbs have the manual choke.

     My question is: Should I be looking for a front carburetor for these 2x4 sets, or were they only available as rear carburetors?  Since they were probably intenended for flat out racing, my guess is that only the rear carbs were used.

     Your thoughts?

     John Teske