Re: [FWDLK] L-FORWARDLOOK Digest - 5 Jun 2008 to 6 Jun 2008 (#2008-152)

Re: [FWDLK] L-FORWARDLOOK Digest - 5 Jun 2008 to 6 Jun 2008 (#2008-152)

Just back from Reno and 35 Lettered Chryslers in convention.  WOW!

 I was a Chrysler/Plymouth/Imperial District Manager for Chrysler from '65 till '69.  The factory reason for the change from push buttons to standard plans had much less to do with push buttons as it did with the entire master plan for building cars and trucks.  I was led to believe that Chrysler top execs wanted "me-too" cars rather than "wow-look-at-me" vehicles.  The radically different cars of the past ten years were too much of a gamble of Chrysler's limited resources to risk at a throw of the dice.  No more square steering wheels, no Flight-Swept decks, no split headlights like the Polara 500's, nor Imperial standalones.  Seemed to sell cars as planned so perhaps they knew what they were doing.  We had almost a 19 percent of the market in the late 60's.  Wouldn't they be delighted to have that number today?