[FWDLK] Is this a SCAM??? 1960 Polara convertible for $250.00 ?????

[FWDLK] Is this a SCAM??? 1960 Polara convertible for $250.00 ?????

The message is ready to be sent with the following file or link attachments: Shortcut to: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200230066862&indexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

Note: To protect against computer viruses, e-mail programs may prevent sending or receiving certain types of file attachments. Check your e-mail security settings to determine how attachments are handled.

Title: 1960 DODGE POLARA CONVERTIBLE CUSTOM BUILT 1/25, MINT! - eBay (item 200230066862 end time Jun-14-08 14:46:34 PDT)
Go backBack to home page

1960 DODGE POLARA CONVERTIBLE CUSTOM BUILT 1/25, MINT!

Item number: 200230066862
Bidder or seller of this item? Sign in for your status
Watch this item in My eBay
1960 DODGE POLARA CONVERTIBLE CUSTOM BUILT 1/25, MINT!
View larger picture
Current bid:US $249.00
Your maximum bid:
US $
(Enter US $251.50 or more)

End time:Jun-14-08 14:46:34 PDT (5 days)
Shipping costs:
US $13.00
US Postal Service Priority Mail®
Service to United States
Ships to:Worldwide
Item location:Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States
History:4 bids
High bidder: a***l( 303Feedback score is 100 to 499)

You can also:
Get SMS or IM alerts | Email to a friend
Listing and payment details:
Starting time:Jun-07-08 14:46:34 PDT
Starting bid:US $10.00
Duration:7-day listing
Payment methods:
PayPal,
Money order/Cashiers check
See details
Meet the seller
Seller:thelastgreatcars( 512Feedback score is 500 to 999) Member is ID Verified
Feedback:100 % Positive
Member:since May-23-02 in United States
  See detailed feedback
  Ask seller a question
  Add to Favorite Sellers
  View seller's other items

Buy safely
1.  Check the seller's reputation
Score: 512 | 100% Positive
See detailed feedback
2.  Check how you're protected
Description

UP THIS WEEK, MORE  1/25TH SCALE CUSTOM BUILT "MARK CARS"..........JEWEL LIKE MODELS!

TO ACCURATELY UNDERSTAND WHAT THESE ARE, YOU SHOULD READ THE DESCRIPTION BELOW!

THIS MODEL IS A FABULOUS 1960 DODGE POLARA CONVERTIBLE, IN CORRECT '60 DODGE MEDIUM AQUA METALLIC WITH TU-TONE AQUA INTERIOR.  WOW!  THIS WAS BUILT FROM A MODELHAUS KIT!THE PHOTOS DON'T DO IT ANY JUSTICE  A T   A L L  !!

DESCRIPTION OF  "MARK CARS":

WHAT ARE "MARK CARS"?   I'LL TELL YOU:   I'VE BEEN A HUGE MODEL CAR COLLECTOR ALL MY LIFE. OF ALL THE MODELS OF ALL THE SCALES, THE ORIGINAL PROMOS AND KITS ARE STILL IN MY OPINION THE MOST EXACT, BECAUSE THEY WERE SCALED IN THE USA FROM EXACT FACTORY BLUEPRINTS.  NOT  CHINESE GUESSWORK (WITH NO DISRESPECT INTENDED, BUT SORRY, YOU CAN CRITIQUE ANY OF THE CHINA-MADE CARS TO PIECES FOR ACCURACY!!)

SO, SINCE MY MAIN FAVORITES ARE CARS OF THE '50S, NATURALLY I HAD A LARGE PROMO COLLECTION.  HOWEVER, IT WAS ALWAYS A DISSAPOINTMENT AND A STRUGGLE BECAUSE PROMOS MADE PRE-1961 ( OR 63 FOR JO-HANS) WERE MADE OF ACETATE PLASTIC, WHICH HAS THE NASTY TENDENCY TO SHRINK  (WHICH MOST FOLKS CALL "PROMO WARP").  IT'S ACTUALLY SHRINKING.

SO, IN THE MID -90S, I WAS EXTREMELY FORTUNATE TO DISCOVER JOE AND JOHN AT WHEAT'S NOSTALGIA, AND FROM THERE A LIFELONG DREAM OF HAVING TRULY ACCURATE MODELS OF MY FAVORITE CARS BECAME A REALITY.  INSTEAD OF WARPING ACETATE, WE EITHER TOOK MINT, UNBUILT ORIGINAL KITS  AND PROFESSIONALLY BUILT THEM UP AS "PROMOS", BUT USING CORRECT, SHOW QUALITY AUTOMOTIVE PAINTS IN THE EXACT COLOURS FOR MAKE AND MODEL YEAR, OR TOOK THE MAGNIFICENT KITS FROM "THE MODELHAUS"  (KUDOS TO DON AND CAROL HOLTHAUS!)  AND BUILT THEM UP.

IN MANY INSTANCES, I HAD COUPES CUSTOM MADE INTO CONVERTIBLES. (LIKE SOME RARE JO-HANS THAT WERE NEVER MADE IN CONVERTIBLE FORM.)

SO THESE MODELS ARE ALL CUSTOM BUILT, FLAWLESSLY PAINTED, TO RESEMBLE THE ORIGINAL PROMOS,  YET WITH REAL COLOURS, NOT THE GENERIC PROMO "CLOSE MATCH" COLOURS.......AND THAT'S WHY, FOR INSTANCE, WE DIDN'T GO OVER THE TOP AND DO ALL THE METAL TRIM IN BARE-METAL FOIL.  THEY ARE MEANT TO MIMIC THE ORIGINAL PROMOS!

MANY OF THESE MODELS, STARTING OUT AS RARE, ORIGINAL, MINT-UNBUILT KITS, COST HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS TO BUY, AND THEN, UP TO $250.00 ON TOP OF THAT TO CONVERT AND BUILD UP THE MODELS!!!! AND JOE WHEAT NO LONGER DOES CUSTOM BUILD-UPS, WHICH IS A SHAME!!!!!

Check out my other items!

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE SALE. 1) I NOW TAKE PAYPAL. YOU MAY USE PAYPAL. 2) PAYMENT IS DUE WTIHIN 7 DAYS OF AUCTION END OR ITEM IS RELISTED, EBAY NOTIFIED, AND APPROPRIATE FEEDBACK LEFT. 3)NON PAYPAL PAYMENT MUST BE WITH USD CASHIER'S CHECK OR MONEY ORDER ONLY. NO CANADIAN FUNDS. 4) MY SHIPPING CHARGE IS NON NEGOTIABLE UNLESS YOU ARE BUYING MULTIPLE ITEMS FROM ME. I PROPERLY BOX AND PACK MY ITEMS. THIS ISN'T FREE. ALSO, ALL US DOMESTIC SHIPMENTS ARE SENT INSURED IF OVER $50.00 THIS IS INCLUDED ALONG WITH PRIORITY MAIL. IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH WHAT I CHARGE FOR SHIPPING, THEN DO NOT BID! 5) INTERNATIONAL BIDDERS, YOU ARE WELCOME,BUT YOU WILL NEED TO UNDERSTAND THAT YOU HAVE TO PAY MORE FOR INTERNATIONAL POSTAGE! 6) ALL SALES ARE AS-IS, AND NON RETURNABLE.

Smaller Picture

Shipping and handling
Ships to
Worldwide
*Sellers are not responsible for service transit time. This information is provided by the carrier and excludes weekends and holidays. Note that transit times may vary, particularly during peak periods.
Return policy
Return policy not specified.
Read item description for any reference to return policy.
Payment details
Payment methodPreferred/AcceptedBuyer protection on eBay
Credit or debit card through PayPal
Accepted
Money order/Cashiers check
Accepted
Seller's payment instructions
PAYMENT MUST BE RECEIVED WITHIN 7 DAYS OF AUCTION CLOSE. WE SHIP AS SOON AS YOUR PAYMENT CLEARS OUR BANK. PLEASE CLEARLY READ OUR SHIPPING TERMS AND CHARGES, THIS IS AS MUCH A PART OF THE TRANSACTION AS THE PURCHASE OF THE ITEM.
Take action on this item
Item title: 1960 DODGE POLARA CONVERTIBLE CUSTOM BUILT 1/25, MINT!
Place a bid
Current bid: US $249.00
Your maximum bid:
US $
(Enter US $251.50 or more)
 You will confirm in the next step.

eBay automatically bids on your behalf up to your maximum bid. Learn about bidding.
Other options
Go backBack to home page  |  Report this item  |  Printer Version  |  Sell one like this

Seller assumes all responsibility for listing this item.

eBay Pulse | eBay Reviews | eBay Stores | eBay Express | Reseller Marketplace | Austria | France | Germany | Italy | Spain | United Kingdom | Popular Searches
Half.com | Tickets | Kijiji | PayPal | ProStores | Apartments for Rent | Shopping.com | Skype

About eBay | Announcements | Security Center | eBay Toolbar | Policies | Government Relations | Site Map | Help
Copyright © 1995-2008 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the eBay User Agreement and Privacy Policy.
eBay official time