Re: [FWDLK] overheating 413. any suggestions?

Re: [FWDLK] overheating 413. any suggestions?

How about air pockets in the water jacket or elsewhere...is the coolant actually being allowed to flow due to sufficient "ventilation?"

I found it very curious that, a few months ago, a new Caterpillar engine overheated in one of our vehicles due to insufficient cooling system venting, which was due to unknown blockages in the coolant reservoir vent ports.  Granted, that's a positive-deaeration cooling system design, which is not typically seen in automobiles, but there still needs to be sufficient "venting" of the jacket water passageways to allow air bubbles to escape and allow the coolant to fill and flow properly (e.g. the jiggle-pin in some automotive thermostat flanges).

Let us know what remedy solves the problem!

Jason.