[FWDLK] CORRECTED - Chryslers at Carlisle 2008

[FWDLK] CORRECTED - Chryslers at Carlisle 2008

Hi All,

Here is the corrected information.

The Forward Look tent will be in Row ID, #52-53.  This is about 300 feet east of the grandstand stage, where they have the giveaway cars.  (East is towards Gate 2).  We will be with the 1957-59 cars again this year.  The tent is a great hangout and relaxation place after walking the swap meet or show field.  As usual, we will have refreshments, snacks, and first aid supplies like sunscreen.  (It always helps if folks bring folding chairs though!)  We have also invited the Golden Fin Society, 59Plymouth.net, Christine Car Club and Plymouth Central folks to share our tent, as we all have common interests.  Look for the big Forward Look banner and the “Flookerang Pennants” ringing the tent.

I will have a few T-Shirts available at the tent, but they will be in limited supply and sizes.  All designs/sizes of the T-Shirts are always available online at http://www.forwardlook.net/sitestore/gifts .  As a reminder, Clay Wood has graciously donated his famous T-Shirt designs for use in the site store –– they are absolutely FINtastic!!!!

“Christine” will be featured in Building T, along with a special showing of the movie on one of the nights.  This car is the “Camaro chase car”, and is now owned by Bill Gibson of Florida.  It was formerly owned by Jim & Derek Garvie.

In addition to the Carlisle events, we will also be having our traditional Forward Look events:

Thursday Evening:

Join up with other ForwardLookers at the MoPar Rebellion Car Club Car Cruise.  Note and they are back at their old location of 1119 Harrisburg Pike at the former CVM Chrysler/Jeep.

Friday Evening:

Something of a tradition, many of enjoy an evening dinner at Hoss’s Steak and Sea House on Carlisle Pike.  Good food, and (my favorite) an all-you-can-eat dessert/ice cream bar.

Saturday, 5:30ish:

Please join us for our famous Forward Look dinner!  Dinner, drinks, and a relaxing wrap-up to a busy day.  We generally have around 30 folks from the mailing list and forums gathering to just relax, have a picnic dinner and talk.  It’s always nice to finally put faces with the names of the folks you have known online for years.  The talk at the tent goes on long into the night, so stop by even if you can’t make the dinner.  Bring your photos!

-Dave & Juley

Carlisle All-Chrysler Nationals
Jul 11 - Jul 13, 2008

Adult Admission: Th.-Fr. $10/Sa. $10/Sun. $10
Child Admission: under 12- FREE

The Carlisle All-Chrysler Nationals is a Mopar-lover’s paradise with attendees converging on the Fairgrounds from all over the world. This weekend-long event crosses all eras of the Chrysler marque from classic to muscle and everything in between. Don’t be left out in the cold. Pre-register TODAY! If you are not comfortable with registering online, please use our Mail / Fax PDF Form.

Event Details

Special Guest: Chris Jacobs Special Guest: Chris Jacobs
Overhaulin's Mopar Man

Mopar enthusiast and host of TLC's Overhaulin', Chris Jacobs will be here all weekend to meet with fans and sign autographs in Building T. When he's not signing autographs, he'll be checking out the show. Viewers of Overhaulin' know that Chris takes every opportunity to let the audience know that he truly is a Mopar guy.

All-Chrysler Nationals Young Guns Display All-Chrysler Nationals Young Guns Display
Register for the 2008 All-Chrysler Nationals Young Guns Class

It’s great to see so many “young” people enjoying the Mopar hobby these days and we felt it was time to recognize their efforts. Whether your car is new or old, it’s welcome – as long as the owner is between the ages of 16 and 25. To start the class off this year we are going to feature three local teens who have been working to restore a ’71 Super Bee. Most veterans of the hobby would’ve parted this car out and moved on but youth and exuberance are prevailing!

Sox & Martin Reunion Sox & Martin Reunion
Diane Sox and Buddy Martin to Attend

We currently have six original Sox & Martin cars scheduled to attend this year and that number could jump to eight if the cars are restored in time for the show. Team members Herb McCandless and Dave Christie will also be in attendance. Diane Sox will be here representing the Ronnie Sox Foundation and Buddy Martin is also scheduled to appear.

Drag Racing Drag Racing
Join Us at Quarter Aces Drag-O-Way

Let’s face it, drag racing is a huge part of the Mopar heritage and it’s alive and well on Friday evening at Quarter Aces Drag-O-Way (formerly South Mountain). To add to the excitement this year we have added the F.A.S.T. cars. Watch them run on Friday and compete on the Showfield on Saturday. You can also see the original Sox & Martin ’73 Duster make some full throttle passes! No, it doesn’t run like it did in ’73 – it’s way faster now running in the 8s!

505” Stroker Giveaway on Sunday 505” Stroker Giveaway on Sunday
Mopar Muscle Magazine

To add some excitement to this year’s giveaway we have teamed up with Mopar Muscle magazine to bring you the first ever Engine Giveaway! This is no run of the mill crate engine, either. This engine will be a 505” Wedge based around a 440 block and a Muscle Motors stroker kit. It will be hand built right in the pages of Mopar Muscle and will feature quality parts like Diamond pistons, Comp Cams valve train, DUI Ignition, Edelbrock intake, Holley carburetor and Edelbrock aluminum heads! This is going to be a pump gas-friendly beast of an engine. There is no purchase necessary but you must be present to win.

Giveaway Car - 1965 Dodge Dart Giveaway Car - 1965 Dodge Dart
Be here on Saturday at 7pm

On Saturday evening at 7pm (immediately following the stage activities) we will award a 1965 Dodge Dart. This classic two-door is powered by the infamous slant six so you can drive it anywhere and not worry about fuel consumption. There is no purchase necessary but you must be present to win.

Special Challenger Display Special Challenger Display
Stock or Modified

To celebrate the release of the new Challenger we are planning a special display of all Challengers. Stock or modified, it doesn’t matter – if it’s a Challenger it will be displayed.

FM3 Panther Pink/Moulin Rouge Reunion Display FM3 Panther Pink/Moulin Rouge Reunion Display
It’s HIP to be Pink!

Chrysler’s High Impact Paint (HIP) colors certainly don’t need any help standing out in a crowd and arguably the wildest HIP color is FM3 Panther Pink/Moulin Rouge. With the help of Nick Taylor of PantherPink.com we’ve assembled a collection of factory FM3 vehicles that will fill Building Y. We have stock and modified vehicles in this display and you can expect to see a wide variety of body styles.

RETRO 1968 DEALERSHIP DISPLAY RETRO 1968 DEALERSHIP DISPLAY
Move up to 1968

This year we are rewinding the clock to 1968 to recreate our Retro Dealership Display located at the Gate 1 lot. Last year we gave you a chance to experience 1967 and based on the feedback we received it was a real hit. This year you’ll see the all new Road Runner and Super Bee as well as the redesigned Charger for ’68 and more. We’re out to win you over! We are also displaying 1968 and older cars in the “Service Department” and while these vehicles don’t need to be bone stock, they will be period correct. Don't miss it!

Indoor Invitational Display (Building T) Indoor Invitational Display (Building T)
Prime Examples of the Breed

Each year, Building T houses 40+ Chrysler products that are considered prime examples of the breed. These vehicles range from Chrysler Concept vehicles to a private individual’s pride and joy. There’s no real criteria other than the vehicle has to be special in some way but special doesn’t necessarily mean expensive. Special can be rare, unique, an interesting history, a factory “oddball” and the list goes on.

Christine, the Movie Christine, the Movie
Celebrate at All-Chrysler Nationals

To celebrate the 50th anniversary of the ’58 Fury and the 25th anniversary of the movie Building T will house an original’58 Fury from the movie Christine. The car we’ll have on display is retired and living in Florida. She is the car that was used in the scenes with the Camaro. We are also preparing for a special showing of the movie.

Support the 5th Annual Salvation Army Auction Support the 5th Annual Salvation Army Auction
Saturday, July 12, 2007 at 3:00pm

Join us to support the 5th Annual Salvation Army Auction to be held at the Carlisle All-Chrysler Nationals on Saturday, July 12, 2008 at 3:00pm at the Grandstands of the Carlisle Fairgrounds. We are in need of donated vehicles (including cars, trucks, boats, tractors, and motorcycles) to be auctioned. To donate a vehicle, please call Bill Miller at 717-385-1311. For all other donations, please call The Salvation Army at 717-249-1411.

NEW THIS YEAR

If you do not have a car to donate, buy one at the wholesale price from one of our supporting dealerships and donate it to The Salvation Army. Call Bill Miller at 717-385-1311 for details. Your business will not only see the tax benefit of donating to The Salvation Army, but will also receive free advertising on the car as it is being auctioned.

Axcelerated Motorsports: The Carlisle Dyno Guy! Axcelerated Motorsports: The Carlisle Dyno Guy!
Don’t Miss Dyno Dale at Carlisle!

Axcelerated Motorsports is the official dyno of Carlisle Events and will be frequenting Carlisle Car and Truck shows throughout the season. Axcelerated provides mobile dyno tuning for cars and trucks using their Dynojet 248 chassis dynamometer. Find out how much horsepower your car or truck really has! Also our wide band O2 monitoring will determine if all that precious fuel is making power or just being wasted out the tail pipes.

Burnout Contest sponsored by Year One Burnout Contest sponsored by Year One
No Carlisle show would be complete without the burnout . . .

No Carlisle show would be complete without the burnout contest. Smoke’em till they pop and then keep going to win the crowd over. Whether you’re in the grandstand watching or in the pit participating this is a crowd favorite you won’t want to miss. Prizes awarded by Year One.

Thursday Kick-Off to Carlisle
This is a Cruise-In style event and it's FREE

For those who will arrive on Thursday, you don't want to miss Mopar Rebellion's Kick-Off to Carlisle. The fun begins at 4pm and they are back at their old location of 1119 Harrisburg Pike at the former CVM Chrysler*Jeep. This is a Cruise-In style event and it's FREE to everyone. Come on out for cheap food, raffles, 50/50, ice cream and lots of great Mopars. Check out www.moparrebellion.com for more details.

Activities Corner
Don’t miss the fun and excitement

In addition to all of these great activities and displays we also have the "regular" Carlisle Events features. These include the huge Manufacturer's Midway, the largest all-Mopar Swap Meet, a variety of delicious Food Vendors, Beauty Contest with cash awards, Burnout Contest sponsored by Year One, Chassis Dyno and Rock Crawling. There will be Rock Crawling demos by Rausch Creek Off-Road Park or you can try to wheel your own 4x4 across the course. New this year is the Mechanical Bull for those who think they can hang on! Also, be on the lookout for the Rocket Car...