Re: [FWDLK] 58 Coronet Hemi

cgico@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

  There is a saying I learned a long time ago in law enforcement :

  "Possibility vs. probability"

  Could it have happened ?  I suppose it was possible.

  What were the chances ?  Not very probable.

Clues like the blue paint suggest it has been meddled with at some point in the interim.

So, then the question becomes "What is the objective?" Does someone want to buy this car ? If so, is it what they want for the money spent ? If the goofy engine is too much trouble, ..... keep looking. Simple as that !

If it is close enough and an engine swap at a later date is OK, then by all means .... enjoy it !

The bottom line is that a 354 Hemi in a 58 Dodge is not the stock offering, be it factory or some shadetree mechanic job. Still, if it floats yer boat, . ... go for it !

I'm sort of advising, that MIGHT NOT be a 354, the "Dimples" are all wrong for a 354 UNLESS they were home made.

--
Paul Holmgren
Mine: 2 57 300-C's in Indy